An established and well-respected nonprofit organization is seeking a well-rounded Accounting Assistant. This Accounting Assistant will support the Controller and be responsible for but not limited to:
- Accounts Payable functions including matching/batching/coding and biweekly check runs
- Posting and reconciling A/P to the general ledger
- Vendor setup, management, and annual 1099's
- Assist with Accounts Receivable posting payments and preparing bank deposits as needed
- Assist with processing semi-monthly payroll for a staff of under 40 employees and tracking PTO
- Updating Excel spreadsheets with various financial, contracts, and grant information
The ideal candidate for this Accounting Assistant position will have 3+ years' of experience in accounting, with preference for a strength in Accounts Payable, working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, great attention to detail and able to manage multiple responsibilities in a time-sensitive environment. AA/BS degree in Accounting desired, but not required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.