$55,000 to $65,000/yr
A part of our mission to improve education for children through dedicated support of schools. We are seeking either a full-time Payroll Specialist perform all payroll-related functions for 3-6 client schools
If you believe in fulfilling your purpose while achieving success, apply today!
What this job involves:
Sound like you? Before you apply it's worth knowing what we are looking for:
- Preparing and distributing monthly and semimonthly payroll runs, each with 15-100 employees, using in-house computerized system
- Preparing and submitting monthly and semimonthly state reports and payments, using in-house computerized payroll system.
- Tracking and filing all payroll tax deductions and filing quarterly and annual payroll tax returns including EDD and IRS
- Assisting with initial hiring, benefits, and final severance paperwork.
- Maintenance of client files, records, and procedures (including confidential personnel and legal records).
- Representing the firm professionally in telephone, e-mail, and in-person contacts in an office setting; primary client contact will be by telephone and e-mail.
- Performing other related duties as assigned and as consistent with a small office.
- In-house payroll experience required.
- Two (2) years direct prior payroll experience required
- General computer proficiency, particularly Excel, required
- Experience working with public schools and/or nonprofits a plus, but not required.
- Advanced computer proficiency with Excel, Acrobat, and accounting software a plus, but not required
- Experience with state/county/local government retirement reporting a plus.
- High school diploma required
- AA of 4-year degree a plus but no required
- Courses in bookkeeping, accounting, office management, business and related subjects helpful
What you can expect from us:
- Must be able to physically interact in an office setting.
- Must be able to work independently
- Must exercise initiative and good judgement
- Must be capable of working to meet deadlines
- Must possess exemplary written and oral communication skills, professional office skills, and enjoy working in a (sometimes) fast paced, collegial environment.
- Must be able to maintain a positive, professional, solution-oriented.
You'll join an inclusive culture. One where we succeed together - across the desk and across all accounts. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
We are committed to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, benefits and pay. We'll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where we can take you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.