Ledgent Finance & Accounting is currently seeking a Staff Accountant to join a growing publically traded firm in Tampa, FL. If you are a driven accounting professional, technically savvy and love working within a team -- this could be the role for you! This role will directly support all corporate accounting functions and have a direct path for promotion. The ideal candidate will have at least 2+ years of accounting support experience and be responsible for the following:
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and trend analysis for assigned areas in a format acceptable to and consumable by external auditors.
- Record monthly journal entries in Workday for accruals, reclassifications, and allocations
- Accrue for invoices properly by interacting with accounts payable and other corporate departments
- Resolve any reconciling items identified in account reconciliations
- Manage responsibilities in order to meet deadlines
- Other ad hoc projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment that requires quick turnaround and quality output
- Ability to recognize customer problems and find appropriate resources to help solve the problem
- Ability to handle critical deadlines
- Solid knowledge of all Microsoft Office products
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.