Are you an Accounting Manager looking for your next opportunity?
To apply to this position, please email Leslee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Duration: Direct Hire / Permanent
Position: Accounting Manager
The Accounting Manager's responsibilities will be:
· Responsible for the Close process. They will have 3 reports. A Sr. Staff Accountant, Staff Accountant and a Financial Analyst -consolidations.
· 5+ years' experience with 3 years in a leadership role.
Accounting Manager must have:
· Oracle ERP GL - Super user, this person will be the project leader for the Oracle implementation that will be happening over the next 1/5 years. Training and mentoring new users.
· EPM HFM experience
· Supervisory experience.
It would be good for the Accounting Manager to have:
· Big 4 experience, excellent technical skills,
· Consolidation, Able to read and interpret Financial Analyst statements, Global organization with multiple subsidiaries
· Really looking for the right person as opposed to years of experience. Someone who can lead and mentor, looking for challenges and growth opportunities.
Experience required for Accounting Manager:
· Minimum of 6 - 8 years' accounting experience required, with at least 3 years of relevant month-end close experience.
· Minimum of 3 years' supervisory experience.
· Experience in a publicly held company with global operations required.
· Experience in Oracle ERP General Ledger module required.
· Experience in Oracle EPM required.
· Experience in budgeting and forecasting preferred.
· Experience in financial planning and analysis preferred.
· Experience in public accounting (preferably Big 4) preferred.
Essential duties of Accounting Manager:
· Coordinate the preparation, compilation and review of diverse financial reports on a routine basis; ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures, U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and other regulatory requirements. Review process will include working with the divisions to understand and monitor accounting for unusual or complex accounting transactions.
· Review and approve HQ balance sheet reconciliations, journal entries and intercompany transactions.
· Perform certain HQ journal entries related to month-end and and quarter-end close.
· Perform certain balance sheet reconciliations using BlackLine accounts reconciliation application.
· Oversee the completion of activities related to month-end and quarter-end closings and/or financial statements.
· Prepare HQ trending reports of balance sheet and income statements and perform reviews to ensure HQ financial statements are complete and accurate. Maintain the integrity of the HQ general ledger hierarchy structure; ensuring data quality and accuracy.
· Manage HQ close process, business process reviews, financial analyses and internal control testing; ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures, SOX and other regulatory requirements with the assigned function(s).
· Develop and implement new finance and/or accounting policies and procedures through continuous improvement efforts.
· Serve as a key point of contact to divisional teams, vendors and third parties in response to requests.
· Identify and recommend procedural changes and enhancements to the financial reporting process.
· Identify, investigate and resolve accounting issues that require in-depth accounting research.
· Oversee and support HQ internal and external audits.
· Ability to research accounting treatment under U.S. GAAP and prepa
Thank you for applying to the Accounting Manager position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.