* Manage work flow of the Payroll personnel within office
* Assist and instruct employees in their day-to-day functions
* Ability to deal with sensitive and stressful situations
* Assist employees in the adherence to and interpretation of company policies and procedures
* Assist with complex adjustments
* Mexican Tax Submission
* WSIB, Worksafe BC & EHT Tax Submissions
* USD W-2's and CAN T-4's, tax related accounting and reporting as well as variety of general accounting tasks such as, month-end, quarter end, year-end-close account reconciliation.
* Back up processor for companies salary US (30+ states) and Canadian Payroll
* Ensure team/project coverage when employees on PTO, leave, etc.
* Run Project Queries
* Approve Adjustments
* Assign alternate paymasters
* Audit Show Folders including emails to validate time cards and start cards are being filed
* Collaborate with other Teams within Payroll
* Collaborate with other Regional offices
* Contact clients when shows assigned/reassigned (both existing and new manager)
* Coordinate data entry work flow
* Coordinate payroll personnel work flow and obtain help from other groups
* Distribute work load
* Ensure all payroll issues have been resolved, includes adjustments (use dashboard)
* Evaluate payroll personnel's desks and what projects they can take on
* Evaluate payroll personnel's skills and update their profile in Salesforce
* Manager daily team huddles within the team
* Monitor for adherence to policies and procedures
* Conduct random weekly audits on small batches for accuracy
* Update Salesforce with assigned payroll personnel (new and reassigned projects) and initial payroll schedule, etc., if not already populated
JOB REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED
* 4 year accredited accounting degree required
* Construction payroll knowledge a plus.
* The Manager exhibits excellent client service and can resolve elevated client issues or escalate - to ensure that the chain of command is fully informed of show status and complete client satisfaction.
* The Manager exhibits leadership ability.
* The Manager maintains a high level of professionalism with employees, customers and co-workers in high-stress situations.
* He/she assists Manager Leadership Team in identifying process improvements.
* The Manager ensures improvement in communication and workflow.
* Previous 5-7 years of experience as a payroll manager
* High attention to Detail
* Experience with ERP system, PeopleSoft V.9, Kronos, ADP, ORACLE, SAP
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other prote
Thank you for applying to the Payroll Tax Accountant, Sr. position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.