Ledgent Finance & Accounting is currently seeking a Billing Assistant to join a growing firm in Tampa, FL. If you are a driven accounting professional, technically savvy and love working within a team -- this could be the role for you! This role will directly support the Corporate Billing Manager and be an integral member of a growing finance team. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of high volume billing experience:
- Prepare invoices in accordance with customer policies, guidelines and standard processes
- Prepare draft invoices, review and revise narratives in accordance with company standards,
- Execute and finalize invoices and ensure that invoices are delivered for payment (via e-mail, post or e-billing as applicable)
- Execute all billing tasks
- Maintain and update client billing information, instructions and requirements necessary in processing invoices
- Process daily receipts ensuring prompt and accurate recording of payments to customer accounts; including all lockbox, ACH and credit card payments.
- Interpret contractual agreements to determine the appropriate course of action
- Decides best approach to correct identified discrepanciesResponsibilities
- Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 year of Billing Experience
- Proficiency in Excel or ERP experience a PLUS
- Aderant software experience a PLUS
- E-Billing experience a PLUS
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.