Ledgent Finance & Accounting is looking for an Accounting Technician to fill a position located in Sacramento! The candidate will be providing support to the accounting manager, handling accounts payable responsibilities. This role requires ongoing training with possible growth opportunities to learn reconciliation and to be groomed as an accountant.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs accounting and clerical functions to support accounting personnel and supervisors.
- Enters bills and process bills for payments.
- Issues checks for accounts payable, places checks in envelopes and mails them out.
- Issues invoices, matches payments to invoices, records payments and keep tracks of non-payments.
- Tallies and makes deposits.
- Scans and files accounting records.
- Other duties and projects as assigned in line with department and company needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (preferred).
- Knowledge and experience with Sage (preferred) and Microsoft Office products.
- Proficient in creating and manipulating spreadsheets utilizing intermediate formulas and functions.
- Experience in creating expense reports.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Excellent multi-tasking, prioritizing, and time management skills.
- Attention to detail towards processing invoices.
- Good aptitude for self-sufficiency with the ability to work both independently or with others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.