Pay is $20 - $26 per hour DOE
Full time, Monday - Friday
Position is temp to hire
Location is in the Roseville area
Payroll Administrator needed for a well-established company located in the Sacramento area.
The position will likely have the following duties:
- Manage the payroll process for both union and non-union workers to ensure accurate payroll on a weekly or biweekly basis.
- Process calculations for manual payroll checks, pay raises, etc.
- Run time detail and attendance reports following each payroll.
- Audit timecards and follow up on errors.
- Maintain vacation hour records.
- Process Certified Payroll and Prevailing Wage.
- Manage EDD and worker's compensation audits.
- Research discrepancies.
- Effectively communicate with employees.
This position requires the following skills and attributes:
- Minimum 3 years recent in-house Payroll experience.
- Experience and knowledge of Certified Payroll and Prevailing Wage.
- Self-starter with attention to detail, ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, Word, Outlook and 10-key by touch.
- Good organization and communications skills, both verbal and written.
- High discretion while working with confidential information.
- Experience with accounting software systems such as Sage, Timberline, Great Plains, QuickBooks.
- Knowledge of current labor law.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.