Collection Specialist is responsible for the collection of an assigned outstanding, aged account balances. He /She will document all collection activity; maintains and organizes all assigned account balances. He/ She will respond to all correspondence and communication via phone, email or mail. He / She will respond to all account inquiries from all relevant parties, home owners, insurance representative or adjuster, project managers, ect.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Review and analyze aged account balances weekly
- Document collection activities on end of day report and send via email
- Document collection activities by calling and sending emails as a follow up
- Follow-up with past due accounts by following up with homeowners, contractors and adjuster (if necessary) via statements, phone calls, emails and letters.
- Prepare and submit collection files to in house legal representative
- Research disputed delinquent account balances and work closely with insurance companies, inside sales or outside sales department to correct any discrepancies, including misapplied payments or disputed invoices.
- Utilize independent judgment to analyze account ability to pay and establish an alternative payment plan for payments on delinquent accounts.
- Apply client's payments to an appropriate invoice
- Follow up with customers and clients regarding returned checks, as needed
- Assist and follow-up with clients/customers promptly
- Answer incoming calls and convey messages
- Respond to emails
- Post payment checks and deposit to the company account
- Work closely with sales department to resolve any delinquencies, try to minimize loss and protect Titan's best interest in collecting unpaid balances.
- Prepare, send invoices and reports to clients
- Apply late fees to outstanding accounts as necessary
- Apply COD payments as they come in
- Price inquiry to project managers
- Review aging reports
- Process credit cards payments
- High School or equivalent required
- AA or certificate in Accounting preferred
- Capability to communicate effectively and maintain effective relationship with clients and co-workers
- Ability to work efficiently while maintaining exceptional attention to detail
- Flexible to work multi-task in a highly demanding fast paced work environment
- Ability to cooperate successful as a member of the team
- Discretion to keep sensitive material confidential
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of using Microsoft Office Suite, Internet & QuickBooks
- A self starter and can work independently
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.