Local mid-sized company is seeking an accounting clerk for an immediate need. This person must be a self starter and detailed oriented! We need someone who can learn fast and take initiative! This is a full-time M-F position, 8:00-5:00.
* Reconcile and file monthly account statements
* Identify discount, discount dates and payment dates on invoices
* Code invoices according to expense accounts and job cost codes
* Match invoices with purchase orders and receiving documents
* Assist with general administrative duties as necessary such as answering or routing phone calls and other duties as assigned by Controller
* Assists with balancing for month end close
* Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Thank you for applying to the Accounting Assistant position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.