We have an immediate need for a Staff Accountant in Downtown, Atlanta.
- Prepare journal entries as needed and ensure entries adequately documented
- Assist with month end closing process including timely and accurate preparation of journal entries
- Assist with mid-year and year-end audit
- Ensure that all deadlines are met in accordance with closing dates set by management
- Provide accounting assistance to operational personnel
- Work directly with operational personnel to gain an understanding of the processes behind the assigned accounts
- Document the process to ensure that it complies with company guidelines and recommend process flow improvements
- Prepare quarterly reports for upper management
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 1 or more years of accounting experience
- Strong analytical skills, general ledger, accounts payable and accounts receivable preferred
- Proficient in MS Excel
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.