Our client is currently experiencing rapid growth and are seeking an experienced Staff Accountant to join their accounting and finance team. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for assisting with the preparation of monthly financial analysis reports, developing and maintaining department budgets and generating cost reports. The successful candidate will also collect pertinent information for third-party audits, oversee financial reporting and operations and will be the first point of contact for accounting issues.
- Prepares monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Assist with cash, prepaid expenses, and fixed assets
- Assesses monthly inventory, cost of sales, and gross margin trends
- Support the accounting team with preparation and analysis of the financial statements, budgeting and variance issues, and forecasting
- Assist the accounting manager with month-end close responsibilities?
- Degree in Accounting or related field
- At least 3 years experience in accounting operations
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Possess strong prioritization skills
- Experience in utilizing accounting operating systems and proficiency in MS Excel
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.