Client is looking for a Direct Hire Staff Accountant!
About the company: Care facilities with many different arms for different types and levels of care
Office environment: This position will sit with the other staff accountants in a pod, they have a pretty big accounting team
Must haves: BA/BS in accounting/related field, 5 years of experience
The primary responsibility of this position is to perform a variety of professional level accounting duties surrounding the recording and reporting of financial transactions involved in the company operations and services.
- Maintain and reconcile ledgers, reports and accounting records.
- Assist in the preparation of complete, accurate and timely financial statements and reports for management staff, Finance Managers, external auditors and financial institutions.
- Reconcile bank accounts to general ledger and analyze discrepancies to make appropriate corrections.
- Prepare and enter journal entries.
- Reconcile fixed assets, accounts payable, prepaid assets and accrued expenses on a monthly basis.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures related to the activities of the accounting department.
- Provide technical assistance and training to other accounting staff and recommend changes in accounting systems and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree with major coursework in Accounting, Business Administration or a closely related field.
- Must have 3 - 5 years' experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures and their application to a variety of accounting transactions and problems.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to evaluate and solve problems with minimum assistance.
- Understanding of modern office methods, practices, procedures and equipment including automated financial management systems.
- Proven capability for effective use of computer systems including spreadsheet, word processing and accounting software.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills in order to maintain accurate records and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and verbal skills (both written and oral) in order to effectively problem solve with other employees, all levels of staff, and third parties.
- Must maintain a high standard of confidentiality and honesty.
- Must work effectively as a team member, with management staff and must be able to work independently and/or unsupervised.
Ledgent Finance and Accounting is part of the Roth Staffing family of Companies, which is one of the largest privately held staffing companies in the country. We are proud of being the only staffing company recognized with all of the industry's top awards- Best Staffing Firm to Work For, Best Staffing Firm to Temp For, and Best in Client Service. We get to create remarkable experiences every day.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.