· Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare routine and non-routine entries to G/L accounts.
· Analyzes account activity detailing more complex asset, liability, and capital accounts.
· Coordinates processing of significant non-routine transactions into the G/L.
· Reconciles and prepares accounting schedules on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
· Performs P&L research pursuant to specific accounts or other departmental inquiries.
· Prepares and reviews financial performance with management and assists with operational analyses.
· Coordinates with other departments in conjunction with supervisor for information and analyses required for proper accounting adjustments.
· Coordinates accounting matters with other departments, locations, and divisions on non-routine problems.
· Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Accounting.
A minimum of four to six years specific accounting experience is required, including account analysis and journal entry preparation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and the ability to apply concepts to daily work and accounting department procedures.
· Excellent analytical and computer skills, as well as, demonstrated proficiency using financial spreadsheets and accounting software.
· Some supervisory experience a plus
· Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. SAP or other ERP level Accounting software platform is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Thank you for applying to the Senior Accountant position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.