Senior Staff Accountant
This position performs specialized financial accounting, account analysis and reporting requiring competence and specialized knowledge of bank financial accounting and reporting. This position also develops, interprets, and implements complex financial accounting concepts and advanced techniques for financial accounting and control. The Senior Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assists in the month end close process, including preparation and review of journal entries, account analysis, and reconciliations
- Responsible for deposits reconciliation, ITI deposit integration maintenance, and related regulatory and annual reporting, as well as other monthly accounting functions
- Prepares/reviews staff accountant's daily work including but not limited to daily non-post entries, ACH transactions review, back-up withholding reconciliation and remittance, and correspondent bank account and suspense account reconciliations
- Prepares/reviews weekly and quarterly regulatory reports
- Assists in the preparation and review of monthly certifications of balance sheet and DDA accounts
- Responsible for general ledger maintenance and review (open new accounts, new cost centers, change descriptions, audit chart of accounts)
- Assists in the preparation and review of schedules for internal and external auditors
- Documents accounting processes and procedures, reviews current processes and suggests/implements improvements
- Supports management in completing special projects and other ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.