Community based non-profit organization in Los Angeles is looking for a Finance Manager. In this stand-alone position, the Finance Manager will work closely with accounting and educational program teams to perform revenue analysis of the various funding streams. Responsibilities for the Finance Manager include grant and funding analysis, enhance reporting policies and procedures, conduct contract analysis, prepare financial reports, and assist with the preparation of the fiscal budget. The Finance Manager will also run contract variances, submit fiscal contract reports, analyze and manage program budgets, ensure contract compliance, assist with field audits, cash flow reporting and management, as well as collaborate with senior management or corporate objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration is needed.
- CPA and/or MBA is preferred.
- Strong familiarity with federal education programs and/or Early Head Start programs.
- 5+ years of non-profit industry experience - performing financial & contract analysis and government, city, and county funding management.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills are essential.
- Must have strong technical / systems skills - advanced MS Office.
- Track record of driving process improvement. Creative mentality.
- Strong time and self-management skills.
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.