The Controller plays a key role in developing and evaluating corporate strategy with the CFO, as well as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The Controller is responsible for the daily operations and management of the accounting and finance department, including monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
The Controller will interact with all business units and be viewed as a trusted business advisor by senior-level managers and above. Critical outcomes include supporting the CFO and Executive Leadership team with key financial information and operational analytics and driving a culture of accountability in managing the business, adding value to operating businesses and voicing well-substantiated dissenting opinions. This position is responsible for the direct supervision of all employees in the accounting and finance department.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- 8 years of hands-on financial management experience in federal government contracting with a strong working knowledge of a diverse range of government contracts, including cost-plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5 years of Deltek CostPoint experience
- Experience working for a federal government contractor
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Hands-on experience and understanding of financial aspects of the Service Contract Act (SCA)
- High level of written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of SOX, DCAA, FAR, GSA schedules
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- 5 years of experience pricing federal government contracts.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
Posted By: email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Controller with Deltek CostPoint Experience position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.