The Sr. SW Engineer in Test is responsible for working with SW QA and SW development team to facilitate and implement test automation
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you'll need for success here. In this role you will:
- Lead QA efforts in the development of QA test automation capability strategy.
- Leverage your technical skills to design & implement automation testing infrastructure, establish formal frameworks, suites, standards and processes, ensure reporting, evaluate and develop new tools and processes to enable development of complex automation system test suites for our next generation software.
- Incorporate consistency, efficiency and re-usability of test components/scripts in your design
- Collaborate with Product owners, customer support, architects, software and firmware engineers to understand technical system requirements, business use cases, customer issues and application performance considerations to improve test effectiveness and close the gaps in our testing.
- Drive CI/CD from the testing perspective
- Mentor & train QA staff in test automation
- Define, develop and enforce automation testing standards and best practices
- Periodically report testing and automation impact, value, and improvement to stakeholders
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum
skills and behaviors to our team:
- 5+ years in development/software automation
- Familiar with software best practices, including test driven development
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) processes and tools
- Experience with Selenium Webdriver/Chromedriver
- Experience with using automation tools on Windows/Mac
- Experience with WebSockets, JSON
- Service oriented attitude, with strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Ability to communicate highly technical concepts to non-technical individuals
In addition, preferable
skills and behaviors include:
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Robot Framework
- Experience with PyTest
- Experience with SCM and CI systems - Git, GitLab, TeamCity, Jenkins
- Experience with developing/testing human interface devices
- ISTQB certification
- BS / MS in Computer Science / Computer Engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Experience with WebSockets, JSON
Service oriented attitude, with strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
Ability to communicate highly technical concepts to non-technical individuals
Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org